August 8, 2010

Beach Walk: Piha

Filed under: Black and White,Piha — paul @ 7:20 am
Beach Walk: Piha

Beach Walk: Piha

We featured this walk along Piha beach twice already: here and here. In this picture we are closer to the northern end of the beach, and the light has changed, producing an almost black-and-white picture straight out of the camera. The present version emphasises this mood by removing colour completely, and increasing the contrast.

For more black and white images check out Dragonstar’s Weekend in Black and White.

1. This is great. All that space, and the lovely light – beautiful.

Comment by Dragonstar — August 8, 2010 @ 8:04 am

2. This is grand in B&W Paul. I like the contrast of the wavey lines and the straight line. I like the size of the humans in the middle distance to emphasise the enormity of the space, and I adore the light streaming in from stage left. Good eye.

Comment by Julie — August 8, 2010 @ 10:17 am

3. It’s surprising how flat the beach is. It looks so pristine!

Comment by EG Wow, Canada — August 8, 2010 @ 12:06 pm

4. Love the space and clear line

Everyday Shot
    Everyday Melbourne

Comment by boom nisanart — August 8, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

5. Works extremely well in B&W. The simplicity and contrasts.

Comment by joan — August 8, 2010 @ 10:57 pm

6. Color would have been a distraction. This is a fine image. The light is marvelous and the implied movement gives this image an extra boost.

Comment by John McDevitt — August 9, 2010 @ 10:11 am

7. My first two words were “OOOOO” and “WOW” What a beautifully composed photo, of a gorgeous setting! I would LOVE to be there right now! Stunning photo!

Comment by Aubrey @ My Camera's Eye — August 10, 2010 @ 2:01 am