Detail of the former “Corban’s Original Wine Shop” in Henderson. Between Great North Road and the railway line. And here is the story:
“A prohibition majority in 1909 meant that the selling of wine in Henderson was illegal, but as the Henderson no-licence boundary ran along the railway line, the Corbans built a depot here to sell their wine. Boundary changes later closed this depot.”
Now part of the Corban Estate Art Centre (which is very much open to the public!).